Good Evening my brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray that you’ve spent the week living intentionally and with purpose. As we continually grow in our knowledge of self-care I’m learning the importance of being in proper position. I know that our understanding of proper positioning may have been planted in us as children. Sometimes our life experiences form our belief in the way we think, who we are, and what we should be doing. Ultimately, we only find proper positioning in Christ. Self-Care is all about ensuring that you are intentional about yourself in a way that allows you to function at your highest capacity. If you’re practicing good self-care, then you should be in proper position in every area of your life. I want to spend this time walking you through my own experience in getting into proper position. My prayer is that it will provide insight to you while you are yet on your journey to being positioned properly.
So often we think the enemy is attacking us. Dealing with infertility for several years now. I often felt as if he was attacking my body to prevent me from having children. As I grow in God; He continues to give me understanding regarding the birthing process. I was in worship this morning I heard God say, “The attack on your body isn’t an attack. It’s your spiritual incubation period.” Yeshua told me that He was using this time to extinguish generational curses from my lineage so that I can carry out the healed legacy that my Mother is currently birthing.”
Incubation is the maintenance of an infant, especially a premature infant, in an environment of controlled temperature, humidity, and oxygen concentration to provide optimal conditions for growth and development. Carry means to support and move from one place to another; to support the weight of.
Yeshua reveals to me daily something new about my Mother. She is the one person in my family who He ordained to shift the trajectory of our legacy. The weight of her purpose is massive. It’s one that she has carried solo for a long time. As I am yet in alignment with Yeshua He is showing me the proper positioning to carry out the vision He gave her for our lineage. A vision that is free from generational curses, sexual immorality, abuse, perversion, incest, molestation, debt, inconsistency, self-sabotaging, disobedience, witchcraft, pride, jealousy, and rebellion. He told me that I couldn’t be in any kind of condition while supporting the weight of the vision. He told me if He had allowed me to birth children when I wanted to I would have undone years of intercessory prayers that went forth for our bloodline.
Culturally we spend so much time worrying about the natural births that we ignore that they should first be cultivated in the spirit. If we spent more time focusing on spiritual incubation we would be in a proper position to produce in a season that has optimal conditions for growth and development. The word of God says,
“For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.”
You may be at a point in your life where you feel out of position. If you are unsettled in your mind, relationships, finances, or purpose then you’re probably not in proper position. To shift your life into proper positioning there are a few things you should be meditating on and practicing.
- Understand that this life is not your own. God created us all in His image and has placed purpose on the inside of us. Allow Him to reveal your purpose so that you are truly living intentionally and not just existing.
- Repent for the things that you’ve done that are not pleasing to Him then turn from those behaviors. God examines of hearts. He wants us to know that with His help we can overcome our past and choose to no longer live without Him again.
- Realize that if you’ve made plans, decisions, or moves without the guidance from God then you have placed yourself out of proper position. Once you’ve realized this you will have to allow the Holy Spirit to retrain your thought process.
- Understand you will never reach the abundance of blessings that Yeshua has for you if you’re choosing to live a life that is disobedient to Him. Disobedience to the Word of God limits and distracts you from reaching blessings, purpose, healing, deliverance, protection, discernment, knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
- Get comfortable with God’s timing. You don’t get to tell God what your timeline is for your life. Your life is already written. He has already formed it. You must get in alignment with His already written timeline.
- Proper Position is a lifestyle that requires you to forever be submissive to Yeshua. Whatever you’re looking for you will ONLY find in God. If you choose to live life not submitting to God and His word you will never be in proper position.
- Put a value on your relationship with God. This is going to be key from this moment forward. So many of us never valued the importance of having a relationship with Yeshua. We valued our relationships with other people. Parents, boyfriends/girlfriends, husbands/wives, children, money, sex. Everything and everyone except the one who knows and has everything that you will ever need. You must make Him number 1 if you’re going to shift your position.
Self-care and proper positioning go hand in hand. Both things must be directed by the Lord. They both place you in position to operate during the most opportune times. They both give your life meaning. Lastly, they both provide you with ways to live intentionally and with purpose.
I challenge you today to examine your life and pinpoint every plan, decision, and move you’ve made without consulting God. Get a list going. After you’ve completed your list pray and ask Yeshua to reveal to you the effects those decisions had on your life. Take your time. This is an intimate moment between you and the Father. He begins to show you the effects your decisions have had on your life, repent. The single most important relationship you will ever have is your relationship with Yeshua. It’s also the only relationship that exposes you to purpose. Blessings.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”
James 15: 5-8