Good Morning my brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray that you’ve spent the week living intentionally and with purpose. This is the event that we’ve been waiting for and I am excited to release this amazing interview with Author Deborah Hampton-Miller. This is the first “Mindful Moment Feature” here on the site. It’s also our last post of 2018. For those who are unaware, “Mindful Moment Features” is a one-on-one interview series where we get an in-depth look into the mind, heart, and spirit of God’s people who are living out their purpose. We’ll get up close and personal with business owners, authors, educators, pastors, and much more.
It was truly a pleasure being able to sit down with Author Deborah Hampton-Miller as she discussed her memoir entitled, “Secret Sins The Ties That Bind.” Below you will find the audio from the interview, questions with timestamps followed by a few words of appreciation from the Authors family. Don’t forget to follow the website, like, comment, and share. Any questions for the Author can be left in the comment section at the bottom of the page. If you would like to connect with her personally please fill out an inquiry in the “Contact” section of the website. As always, I love you with the love of the Lord. Blessings!
Interview Questions & Timestamps
1) Give the listeners a little background of who you are. Did you always know you would be an Author? (57 seconds)
2) The meaning of the book title? (1:26)
3) In chapter 1 there is quote by Joseph Campbell that says, “The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” What significance does that have to you? And how did the cave come about? (2:43)
4) Excerpt from Chapter 2 and explanation from the Author. (4:05)
5) How does one recognize that they’ve built their own stronghold or strongman? (7:57)
6) How do we get to the point when we are prepared to ask God to show us ourselves? (11:00)
7) Describe the most significant aspects of writing the book? (12:30)
8) How does one know they’ve been cultivated in abuse and sexual perversion? (19:48)
9) Do you feel that majority of your past relationships dealt with some type of physical abuse? (21:54)
10) Chapter 16 you share what seems to be your 1st encounter with the Lord. You heard his voice, you were baptized, and filled with his Holy Spirit with the ability to speak in tongues. Can you share the feeling you had when you felt Gods presence? (23:10)
11) After this initial encounter you had not yet fallen out of agreement with sexual sins. Can you explain to those who have had an encounter with God and what to expect following the encounter? (28:00)
12) How many things have you had to fall out of agreement with in your relationship with God? (32:56)
13) When writing this book did you know you would be going down this path of healing and deliverance? (38:55)
14) Do you believe that everyone’s healing and deliverance requires a “tell-all” experience? (40:43)
15) How does one start their own process of healing and deliverance? (43:57)
16) How has Yeshua been mindful of you? Past, present, future. (45:51)
To The Author
To the woman who they said would never be anything. To the woman who they said no one would ever love. To the woman who they spoke death over. To the woman who they ridiculed for having six children. To the woman who they lied on and didn’t believe. To the little girl who didn’t deserve anything, she went through. Your children thank you. You’re husband honors and loves you. Your family is inspired by you every day. You are the epitome of grace, elegance, and virtue drenched in Yeshua’s anointing. Thank you for enduring, because it gave us a chance to live.
The One Who Made You A Mother
Thank you mom, There’s no repaying you for everything that you’ve done for us. You have been through more things than most people could even imagine. You are the strongest person I know, your an inspiration of strength, courage, faith, wisdom, and love. You’re always there when I need someone to talk to or just need a shoulder to cry on. The sacrifices you’ve made for this family is not taken lightly and is applauded. There is no one in the world like you, truly one of a kind and I adore you.
Your Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Deborah has been detrimental to my spiritual growth. She is an inspiration to everyone she has come in contact with. Her testimony has been a beacon to those on darkness and has guided them to a path of enlightenment.
I couldn’t ask for a better mother in law than the one I have. My Mother-in-law presence and life can be defined by so many words but perseverance and strength are two that really stand out for me. She has been extremely encouraging and supportive in my spiritual growth. With her influence I’ve grown to new heights. Thank you lord for this woman. Mom, love you forever.
Your Favorite Son-In-Law